“We/Us/Our” means Debenhams plc, the entity listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
Use of the Corporate Site
The pages on this Website are published by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions, LLC ("Corporate Solutions") on behalf of Debenhams plc. Corporate Solutions will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them.
In order to buy, sell, or manage your shareholding, you will be directed to a separate website, shareview.co.uk and asked to provide personal information to our registrar, Equiniti Limited (“Registrar”) and our share dealing provider, Equiniti Financial Services Limited (“Share Dealing Provider”).
Our Registrar holds your data to:
- maintain the Register of Members and enable trading on the London Stock Exchange;
- undertake activities relating to the Register of Members e.g. dividend payments, voting at AGMs;
- communicate with you in the way that you prefer.
Our Share Dealing Provider holds your data to carry out share transactions on your behalf.
1. What information we collect about you
Personal information that we collect from you:
- Name and Title
- Postal Address
- Email Address(es) (home, mobile, work – may be shareholder dependant)
- Phone Number(s) (home, mobile, work – may be shareholder dependant)
- Payment information (if provided for shareholding purposes)
- Social media account details
- IP Address
- Usernames and passwords (if applicable)
- Number of shares held, voting instructions (shareholder dependant)
- Dividend payment values & HURN (shareholder dependant)
- ID such as passport or national insurance number (if requested for shareholding)
- Device information
- Website / Browsing History, including location data
- Cookie information
In terms of shareholders, the above information will depend upon the relationship you have with our Registrar and the products and services you are using via our Share Dealing Provider.
- Information you provide our partners when you use the Website and when you report a problem with the Website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information you provide our partners when you carry out share transactions in the ordinary shares of Debenhams plc, including financial data and voting and preference instructions.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share this information with us, or who need to share information with us, including in relation to your shareholding – such as your employer, broker, agent, Trustee or Investment Company
Personal Information of Children
Debenhams does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not intentionally collect personal information from those under the age of 16. If, following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovery by other means, a child under 16 has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will cancel the child's account and delete the child's personal information from our records.
2. How we will use the information about you
We use your personal information in a number of different ways, depending on the type of information provided. You do not have to provide this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to access certain services.
We (and Corporate Solutions) use your personal information:
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website
- To verify your identity
- Market research purposes
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations
- To send published financial updates (where you have requested this)
We do this for our legitimate interests in order to manage our business and to enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements. In circumstances where we’ve asked your express permission to use the personal information, we will do this with your consent.
In order to provide our shareholder services, including the administration and management of shareholder records, Debenhams and our Registrar and Share Dealing Provider use your personal information for:
- Retaining records of your instructions and telephone calls and keeping your shareholder records up to date.
- Completing transactions that you instruct us to undertake and any legal obligations we have in relation to the transactions.
- To provide you with dividends/certificates and notices and proxy forms.
- To respond to any complaints and /or data rights that you invoke.
- To notify you about changes on the way we manage our Register of member, such as a corporate action.
- To keep our websites secure and permit you safe access to our services.
- For register share maintenance i.e. change of address, bank mandate details, name change, notification of death, registration of death, legal document processing, lost certificate notifications, reissue of certificate. Market & Non Share transfers, CREST processing.
- The provision of the executive scheme services (if applicable) including eligibility, processing of applications to join the scheme, administering the contributions if applicable and updating general employee data and processing vesting choices at the end of the scheme and leavers from the scheme.
Debenhams and our Registrar and Share Dealing Provider use your data in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements placed upon us, such as the companies Act, Stock Exchange requirements and Financial Crime regulations.
We also use this for our legitimate interests, such as the proper administration of our service and business, including; keeping our records up to date, defining types of customers for new products and services, seeking your consent when we need it to contact you, operating our business efficiently and enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. In circumstances where we’ve asked your express permission to use the personal information, we will do this with your consent.
In some cases, the Registrar and Share Dealing Provider may need to request information about nationality as appropriate (for example, when required for MiFID transactions at end of scheme or as part of an ID verification check) and health data if you are an employee of Debenhams and you request assistance on health grounds. If requested by the Registrar and Share Dealing Provider, they will process your special category data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
In addition, we may also need to provide your information to enable us to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, such as criminal or whistleblowing investigations. We will do this where Debenhams has a legal obligation to provide such personal information to the authorities and regulators to comply with the law.
Personal information shared with Third Parties
In order to provide our services to you, we will only share your personal information at your request, or with your consent or the consent of any party linked to your shareholding.
We only transfer your personal information to those third parties where we can be sure that we can protect your privacy and your rights. We only transfer the information which is needed to provide the services and if we stop using a third party, we require them to remove or anonymise your information. We have contracts in place with all of our business partners and audit them regularly to ensure data security. We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party.
Security of your information
We want you to have confidence in how we use and hold your personal information. We have in place a range of organisational, procedural and technical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure. We regularly conduct security assessments against our web platforms and applications in order to provide you with the necessary trust and protection you expect when interacting with our online services. Our Registrar and Share Dealing Provider provide password protection and the unique identifier (PIN) which enables you to access online services at shareview.co.uk.
3. How long we will store your information
Personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary for us to achieve the purpose for which we obtained your personal data. We will then either securely delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you. We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis.
We will retain personal data for the duration of your entry on the Register of Members for a period of up to 12 years following your last entry on the Register or completion of a service e.g. payment of unclaimed dividends.
We can keep your data for longer than 12 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We can also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only sue it for those purposes.
4. Your rights over your information
You have many rights over your personal information and how it is used. The table below sets out the rights which are available to you (depending on how we collected your personal data) and how to make use of those rights.
If you would like to make a request for any of the rights detailed below, please contact us at DebenhamsGDPR@Debenhams.com or by using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
Please be aware that we will need to verify your identity before providing any personal data to you. We do this to protection your information. We may also ask you to provide us some additional voluntary information to help us process your request more efficiently.
|Your rights||How to make use of those rights|
|Right to access your information||You can request access to the personal information we hold about you. In most cases this is free of charge.|
|Right to correct your information||If you believe that the personal information we hold about you may be incorrect, then the easiest way to correct this is for you to ask us to update your information.|
|Right to object to, or restrict, us using your information||In certain circumstances (including where we use legitimate interests as set out below) you can ask us to stop processing your information or ask for us to limit the ways in which we process this information. However we can refuse a request in some cases – we will provide you with information explaining why we have refused your request if we do this.|
|Right to delete your personal information (unless we have a reason to keep it)||Some people call this the “right to be forgotten”. Unless we have a reason for keeping your personal information (for example, where we need this to provide a service to you or deal with an ongoing complaint), you can request for us to stop holding your personal information. If we need to hold on to your information we will tell you why we need to do this when we respond.|
|Right to portability of your information||You can ask us to move, transfer or copy your information so that you can use this information in a different service. To the extent we are able to do so, we will make this information available to you in a commonly used format so that you can transfer this to another service.|
Where we are using your personal information based on your express consent to this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent please contact us at DebenhamsGDPR@Debenhams.com
You can also update your consent settings for cookies on the website using your browser settings.
If we are relying on our legitimate interests to process your information, you have the right to object to us doing this in light of your individual circumstances. We will review this objection and, unless we consider that our legitimate interests override your rights, we will stop processing your information in this way. Please see the “Right to object to, or restrict, us using your information” in the table above.
Complain to the Regulator
If you believe that we have not handled your personal information correctly or are not happy with how we have dealt with your request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant regulatory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (see: https://ico.org.uk/ for details).
For further information visit http://aboutcookies.org.uk/ - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our Website features may not function as a result.
We have classified our cookies into two different types; First and Third party cookies. First party cookies are the cookies that Debenhams plc set to offer you a fully functional experience when visiting our site. Third party cookies are set by our business partners such as Social Media and Adobe Flashplayer.
Name of cookie
Purpose of Cookie
First Party - Session
Stores the device type (desktop or mobile) that is accessing the website.
First Party - Session
Stores a value to bypass mobile device detection.
Third Party - Session
This cookie is simply to test whether or not the user supports cookies.
Third Party - Session
Store anonymous visitor information for website analytics purposes.
Third Party - Persistent
Stores anonymous visitor information for website analytics purposes.
Third Party - EuroInvestor
We use session cookies to store a LCID value that keeps country specific abbreviations such as language translations and date format to be used internally with our tools. This results in a cookie whose sole purpose is to carry these abbreviations, the cookie is removed when the user ends its session.
datr, i_id, lsd, lu, SR_geoCodeCache
Third Party - Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter
These cookies are required to enable our customers to share their shopping experiences through social media such as Facebook and Twitter etc. Please note that if you do choose to share through these social media providers that we don't control the setting of these cookies and we recommend that you check the provider's website for further information.
- For marketing proposes, for example to display personalised banners.
- To identify you as you move around our site and to monitor your journey. This enables us to identify issues and improve our customer journey.
- To provide site usage information which will further help us improve and develop the services we offer.
At no point do our cookies or those of our third parties store your personal payment information.
Please also see the Privacy and Cookies Policy of our Registrar and Share Dealing Provider at shareview.co.uk for details of cookies when you access their site
6. Other websites
7. Transferring data internationally
In order to provide our services we may need to transfer your information from your country of residence to another country in the usual course of our business. By dealing with us and submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence as set out below.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA'). Debenhams only transfers your personal information to those third parties where we can be sure that we can protect your privacy and your rights, for example the third party is located in a country which the EU has deemed to have adequate data protection laws in place, where that third party is certified on the EU-US Privacy Shield (see https://www.privacyshield.gov) or where we have a contract in place with that third party which includes the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
9. How to contact us
You can contact us by:
- 0344 800 8877
Or if you prefer you can contact our Data Protection Officer at: DPO@Debenhams.com
Debenhams Data Protection Officer
10 Brock St,
Debenhams plc is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 5448421) with registered office at 10 Brock Street, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3FG.